Certified Athletic Trainer/Clinical Assistant
St Cloud Orthopedics has been providing top Specialty Orthopedic Care in Central MN for over 65 years. We dedicate ourselves to bringing the very best proven orthopedic healthcare treatments, technology, procedures, equipment, providers and methodology to the area.
We are currently seeking a full-time Certified Athletic Trainer/Clinical Assistant to join our growing team.
Half of your day will be spent providing clinical assistance in our patient care area, and the half will be spent working outside the clinic, providing on-site coverage at athletic events for local area schools as assigned, or within our Orthopedic Sport Center.
- Assist in providing quality care to patients by escorting to exam rooms, obtaining vitals,history of condition, entering data into EHR, and preparing the patient for examinations.
- Prepares patient and room for procedures, injections, suturing, etc.
- Assists in procedures
- Assists in patient treatment by applying modalities for patients as determined by the physical therapist.
- Prepares treatment area, patient, and equipment for treatment. Initiates treatment and monitors patient at regular intervals until treatment or exercise conclusion.
- Teaches and reinforces use of correct body mechanics, instructs patients in use of exercise equipment, assists with strengthening and conditioning exercises. Trains patient in activities of daily living and ambulation.
- Provides on-site supervision and treatment of athletes at various types of athletic venues to prevent injuries and/or initiate rehabilitation.
Education: Four year degree with emphasis in athletic training is required.
Prior Experience as athletic trainer in an orthopedic/sports clinic is preferred but not required.
We offer a very competitive benefit package which includes; medical, dental, life, disability, sick, vacation and holiday pay.
St Cloud Orthopedics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to: