About Paul J. Meirick, M.D.
Dr. Meirick received his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine, in Iowa City, Iowa. He then completed his Internal Medicine internship and residency at the University of California, San Diego in La Jolla, California and his Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. After fellowship, Dr. Meirick worked at Vanderbilt as a Clinical Instructor in Sports Medicine and Internal Medicine. He is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine (2017) and is a member of the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM), the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), and the American College of Physicians (ACP).
As a non-operative sports medicine physician, Dr. Meirick treats patients without the use of surgery. He specializes in caring for patients with acute sports or activity-related injuries (sprains, strains, and fractures) as well as chronic medical conditions (joint pain and arthritis). Dr. Meirick also has extensive training in treating medical sports conditions such as sport-related concussion, stress fracture, heat illness, medical illness, and injury prevention. He has a special interest in the use of musculoskeletal ultrasound to diagnose injuries and aid in procedures such as injections.
Dr. Meirick has conducted research in nutritional screening for athletes, corticosteroid injections, and cardiac arrhythmias in sport. In Nashville, he served as a team physician for several high schools, Vanderbilt University, and the Nashville Sounds baseball team. Dr. Meirick and his family enjoy being active in the outdoors and watching and participating in sports.
Dr. Meirick joined our clinic in August 2019.
Doctor of Medicine
- University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) in Sports Medicine
- Internal Medicine Internship and Residency: University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA
- Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- American College of Physicians (ACP)