Physical Therapy (PT) and Occupational Therapy (OT) are both offered here at St. Cloud Orthopedics by experienced therapists who provide a comprehensive approach to your care. We tailor your routine to your specific needs, which may include:
- Back and neck care
- Collision or impact related problems
- Elbow care
- Foot and ankle care
- Fractures/dislocations recovery
- Knee ligament and cartilage care recovery
- Muscle strains
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Osteoarthritis (degenerative arthritis) care
- Overuse injury treatment
- Running and throwing injury treatment
- Shoulder injury treatment (including rotator cuff disorders and instability problems/labrum)
- Soft tissue injury treatment
- Tendon injury treatment
- Work conditioning
Our physical therapy team will help you understand your injury and guide you through a personalized treatment plan. You’ll work directly with our physical therapist assistants to restore your physical activity following an accident, illness, or other setback—right here at our clinic.
Occupational therapy can help you regain independence by improving skills that may have been affected by:
- Work-related injuries (including repetitive stress injuries)
- Limitations from upper extremity or orthopedic injuries
- Arthritis, multiple sclerosis, or other serious chronic conditions
- Burns, peripheral nerve injuries, amputations, tendon injuries, or joint replacements
- Broken bones or other injuries from falls or accidents
We’ll work with you to develop a specific treatment program to help you perform normal daily activities involving range of motion, coordination, hand and upper extremity function, self-care skills, and strength and endurance.
Treatment Techniques and Equipment
To help you make a full recovery, our facility uses the latest equipment and rehabilitation techniques. Our treatment includes therapeutic exercise and functional training, and may also include manipulation of the joint or a massage of affected muscle groups (depending on your needs). Before you begin therapy, we’ll take the time to get to know you. The better we understand you and your goals, the better treatment we can provide, and the faster you can return to doing what you love.
We’ll analyze the way you walk and run with a frame-by-frame digital imaging to determine the cause of your pain.
FCE (Functional Capacity Evaluation)
We’ll assess your functional ability to help your return to normal activity.
Our on-site equipment is specifically designed to meet your individual needs of treatment and conditioning. We focus on preventative aspects of orthopedic rehab to help you return to your normal lifestyle. Some of our equipment includes:
- AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill
- Traditional Treadmill
- Gait Scanner
- Upper Body Bike
To learn more about our PT and OT services, please contact our clinic.