Does Your Insurance Carrier Allow Telehealth Visits?
As we balance the COVID-19 health recommendations with our commitment to patient care, starting Monday, March 23, 2020, St. Cloud Orthopedics will offer Telehealth Visits (or video appointments) for those whose insurance allows it. Patients will not need to create an account; you’ll simply get a secure link that will connect you via HIPAA-compliant technology.
If your insurance allows you to qualify, and you would like to request a Telehealth Visit, please read through the following:
• Starting Monday, March 23, 2020, please call our main number to request a Telehealth Visit and have your insurance information ready, so we can verify if they have qualified you.
• Our phone number is: 320-259-4100
• This will be a scheduled appointment, at a specific time with a specific provider.
• As the patient, insurance asks that you verbally authorize the visit upon starting the call.
• Like usual office visits, any patient deductibles of co-pay will apply.
• You will receive a text message or email when we are ready to connect with you at your appointment time. Simply click on the link and follow the instructions and it will connect you — no need to set up an additional account.
Insurance carriers are adapting their policies by the day. So far, the statuses that we know are:
• MN DHS/Medicaid
• BCBS MN
• Health Partners
• Workers Compensation – Carrier Specific, please check with us directly
• Preferred One
As for COVID-19, we will continue to monitor the recommendations made by the CDC and other health officials on the local and national levels, and have made the patient-focused decision to put many important actions in order. Please see all COVID-19 updates here.